belling gas oven and hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Last year I got a new belling double gas oven and gas hob fitted. The hob has 4 burners all different sizes. The problem is only the smallest ring can be used for simmering and even that is a bit high. Is it possible to get the gas level lowered so all the rings go low enough to simmer?

The other problem I have found is with the ovens, they are fan assisted and the doors have gaps at the top so the heat belches out, which is unbearable when standing stirring pots on the hob. Is this meant to happen.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Last year I got a new belling double gas oven and gas hob fitted. The hob has 4 burners all different sizes. The problem is only the smallest ring can be used for simmering and even that is a bit high. Is it possible to get the gas level lowered so all the rings go low enough to simmer?

The other problem I have found is with the ovens, they are fan assisted and the doors have gaps at the top so the heat belches out, which is unbearable when standing stirring pots on the hob. Is this meant to happen.
The oven isnt "fan assisted" it is "fan cooled" and also a front flued appliance thus all the heat being blown from the front.... theres nothing you can do about it unfortunately.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back