Benchmark certificate?

MPB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I had a new combination boiler fitted a couple of months ago.Just wondering if any of you guys (or gals)!, could give me any idea when my benchmark certificate will arrive,my fitter says it could take months?.thanks. :(

Sponsored Links
Your "fitter" should have filled it in & given it to you when the boiler was installed, it is provided with the boiler.

i thought they fill it out there and then as soon as they commision it

only time i heard that it took longer(ie a couple of weeks) was when an extended warrenty was recieved if it was sent off to the manufacturers (dont know why)

are you sure he was corgi'd? did you contact corgi with his no. and name etc?

Thanks for the reply,he did fill in a certificate,but he said a copy goes off to the local council? and they will send a printed copy?

Sponsored Links
if 'they' are the council it would be the first ive heard of it

if 'they' are him/his company then its possible but seems unusual as its not a massive amount of info that he couldnt fill out two copies or photocopy one for himself

Back to a previous question that you have not answered!

Do you really know if he is CORGi registered and do you have his CORGI number?

The Benchmark is completed by a CORGI installer and handed to you !!!

He will not be able to do that if he is not registered!

I think he is right "it will take months" ! Really years because he is probably hiding the fact that he is not CORGI registered and cannot complete it.

He could be registered for work with his Employer, but in that case he is NOT registered when he works "on the side" for you! Check his registration with CORGI or perhaps you only know him by his first name and mobile number ???

Tony

Tony,his company is corgi reg. the corgi number on the documentation is his companys number.It was a proper installation,vat etc.

any chance you can tell him that his final payment 'could be months mate'?

hes got it all already i guess?

Did you pay "him" in cash ?

Do you have a proper company invoice?

Is he the Boss or a worker? ( Tried asking the Boss ? )

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back