Corgi Certificate?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

I had a new boiler fitted 3.5 weeks ago.
The benchmark cert was completed by the installer.

I've now had the invoice for the job, but no certificate back yet from Corgi.

How long does it usually take to get a certificate?
Should I pay the invoice before I receive the certificate?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Its important to get the Certificate from CORGI as only the installer can give that.

You could phone CORGI on 0800 915 0485 and ask them if they have received the application from the installer giving them his registration number.

I have heard that CORGI have a considerable backlog and are taking several weeks but I dont know for sure if that is the case.

If they have received the application then pay the invoice. If they have not received it then contact the installer and ask if he has notified CORGI as that is part of the installation.

Tony

My customers have told me that they receive them in around 2 weeks.

i read something about a backlog too (think it was on this site tho)

My customers usually revieve theres within 2 weeks too

Sponsored Links
never had one take more than 3 weeks. and yes withhold a small percentage until your installer gives you the notification number
usually it is a number starting 10xxxxxxx (9 digits)
if you ring corgi they can tell you instantly if it has been notified.

had one take 5 weeks, that was in november. always put the notification no. on receipt, so if it doesn't turn up they can chase it themselves :D

i have had a couple never reach the customer. there is the option for you to have another sent FOC.

I tend to do all of my notifications once a month..... So it is a while before my customers get theirs... I find it saves me time

If your happy with the installation pay the invoice and withhold 5% retention, until you get the paperwork.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back