Will the CORGI give me a certificate?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a CORGI guy fitting my gas hob on Thursday. I got his name and number from the CORGI website itself so I can say with a fair degree of certainty he isn't a cowboy.

So, after a CORGI does a job, do they issue a certificate to say "John Smith, CORGI 00001 fitted this model of hob at this address on this date"?

Will I get some retainable "proof" (other than an invoice) that the job was done by a CORGI (I'm thinking for insurance purposes, just in case the place goes up in smoke I can help rule out DIY-gaswork!)

Sponsored Links
Adam,

just to be sure I would ask him if he has got round to notifying his gas work yet because your insurance company expect it these days. Be gentle with him. These are new procedures, we were all sent pins for notifying and in the hum drum of a busy life we didn't take much interest in it. Corgi then sent us a reminder letter with another pin, demonstrating they had a problem, people weren't notifying. After the reminder letter I pulled my socks up and started to notify. Not everyone has yet, and some are out and out against it. So best to just ask nicely.

Sponsored Links
Cheers Paul, I'll do that! Seems like a nice chap and appears to be very professional, so I doubt he will mind me asking.

I have only ever got in plasterers before, and small jobs they give you a "cash price"... Presumably with gas work, because of the potential for danger and hence legal action (no-ones house ever blew up due to bad plastering!), it isn't worth the risk for them to do "cash jobs" as insurance wouldn't cover them (right?)

So, when he notifies CORGI about the work, do I receive anything from CORGI?

Cash or cheque is nothing to do with Corgi, and paperwork isn't tied up. The installer "Notifies" Corgi (for a fee!) , they inform the Building regs people that a boiler has been installed, (why we need that, gawd knows) and also send you a notice that the installation was done by a Corgi regd guy - with a disclaimer on quality of course.
That you keep to sell with the house.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

you jest of course the only thing GWN acheives is to let corgi pick the job's for inspection

which will (in time fall on it's proverbial) :evil: :evil:

It's all booollocks, cowboys aint gonna notify so the whole thing is dead in the water to start with.
Just another way of making jobs for the boys at GORGI non of which are productive and make money off the backs of the engineers and the customer.

Gentlemen, I initially thought that cookers were notifiable but I was kind of proved wrong on the Gas-news site with quite good evidence.

Do I take it that many RGIs are actually notifying cooker installs?

CORGI of course will be quite happy to receive their payment and would not question the need.

I thought the correct document IF the client requested it would be a Gas Safety Certificate. We would charge extra for this though!

Tony

Agile said:
Do I take it that many RGIs are actually notifying cooker installs?
We have to notify all gas appliances to Corgi, but perhaps cookers are not notifiable to building control. Or have I got that wrong?

Well, the CORGI came today, did the job (and a very good job at that).

He took my name and address, make and model of the hob, and asked what was there before. He had mentioned CORGI notification before starting, so presumably with that info the job will be notified.

So, when I have the heating serviced he is definitely going to be invited to do the job! :LOL:

Went to a corgi seminar recently, they said ALL appliances.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back