bending 15mm copper

Not really a solder kind of guy (can't do it ) so compression or bending. So I thought I'd try bending as it looks much neater in my opinion.

Learn to solder my friend... Do not underestimate the power of the dark side ;)

Sponsored Links
Not really a solder kind of guy (can't do it )

Have a look on Youtube for videos using solder ring/Yorks. fittings. No need to feed solder in, it's there already. Just clean the end of pipe, make sure no water inside pipe, even smear of flux and apply heat until you see the silver 'ring of confidence' appear around the end of the fitting. Dead easy. Us plumbers prefer to use end-feed because we like to make life difficult for ourselves. And some are cheapskates. ;) Advantage with end-feed is they look better, but take a bit of practice.

Last edited:
Hi again guys. When I tried my new bender out I got ripples on the inside of the bend. What causes this and is it detrimental to the joint ?

Cheers guys

Sponsored Links
Hi again guys. When I tried my new bender out I got ripples on the inside of the bend. What causes this and is it detrimental to the joint ?

Cheers guys

Cheap benders sometimes do this. Not detrimental to the strength of the pipe I wouldn't have thought. But it looks fooking awful. Buy a better bender of you'll just have to live with the ripples

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back