Bending copper pipe - air con

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, though not traditional plumbing my question does come down to bending pipe!

I'm installing a split air con unit (one that doesn't need FGas certificate btw)

The indoor unit has outlets at both ends of the unit for the pipes to emerge left or right

Unfortunately for me, I need the opposite end to what it comes as by default.

What's the best way to go about bending these 2 pipes:

The red arrow shows the direction where the pipes need to emerge.

Should I:

a) Green - Try to bend the pipes 180 degrees
b) Yellow - Try to twist from lower down (which I can't see working, think it would twist and deform)
c) none of the above!!

Suggestions welcome.

IMG_4351 3.jpg

Sponsored Links
All units need F-Gas, even the split ones that come pre-charged. They're sometimes marketed as suitable for DIY but they most definitely aren't. For starters, you need a manifold & vacuum pump to be able to commission them properly.

Can't help with the pipework I'm afraid, can't see what you've got there, a wider shot & details of the unit would be helpful

Hi, this unit has R290 in which is not currently covered by FGas regs.

I have the tools required to commission it, vacuum pump & manifold etc, it's just this bend I'm concerned about.

Hopefully this will make it clearer, here is (a very rough photoshopped -sorry) version of what I would like:
IMG_4351.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back