Extending 8mm Copper Piping - Advice Required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a radiator recently fall off the wall, and in the process, bend the old copper pipes. I had an emergency plumber (as part of my home insurance) come out to fix it but all he did was cut the pipes below the bends and put caps on the end of the pipes to ensure we could have the central heating on while we waited to fix the radiator.

I have now discovered that the pipes are not long enough to reach the radiator valves. What are my options? I could obviously move the radiator further down the wall but is there any way of extending the copper pipes?

Thanks

Mark

Sponsored Links
Compression coupling, solder ring fitting, push fit coupling, plenty of options

Sponsored Links
Woops, your right Kev, you can get 8mm push fit but it's not suitable for central heating :oops:

If there are push fit 8 mm then just what can they be used for?

Tony

The applications are clearly intended for use in drinks dispensers and other potable water use or for air.

However, as the specifications and materials are similar to those used for heating use then I would expect they will be satisfactory although not "recommended" by the manufacturers.

As they are not sold for heating use then finding them to purchase in small numbers might be difficult.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back