Bending pipe 90 degrees (Accurately)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Can anyone please help! When bending pipe i.e 15mm copper pipe there is a formula for getting an accurate bend at say 90 degrees. Is the formula 2 x diameter or is it 4 x diameter. I being told different things and I'm becoming increasingly confused.

Thanks in advance

Henny

Sponsored Links
Think that only refers to the radius of the bend not the angle.

Jason

I find the best way to bend is to bend pipe until it looks 90 and then check with a roofing square centre to centre.
You can then mark your former permanently :)

Sponsored Links
or fit one of these
p1720831_l.jpg

push fit are even easier

a door jam is a good place to check your 90' bends.
(as long as the house is not subsiding)
:p

Hi guys & thanks again,

I was refering to bending a 15m pipe with a machine pipe bender with guide. One guy has told me that to create a 90 degree bend you double the radius and add it onto the measurement. The other has told me that you x the diameter by 4 and this gives you the bend. I can't really make it clearer as this is all I know.

Hope it helps!!

Henny

nope.
are you referring to bend allowance?
i get a shed load of pipe, and do it "empirically" :eek:
when im sober ill tell you, but i get the impression this is a wind up :LOL:

measure the end of the pipe to the centre of the bend then 1/2 diameter this gives you your bending mark
which you then line up with the other end of your former :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back