Benson Boiler Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Benson "Jetstreme 4" 50/70 oil boiler. The boiler thermostat has recently failed, and due to Benson no longer making the boiler I can't source a spare. The original Benson number is 28-16-041 and the stat is a SOPAC type TUA 4C 012.
I've tried loads of suppliers, and trawled the internet for the part numbers all to no avail. (Found them in several places only to be told they were no longer available)
I'd really like to find a replacement that can be replaced if necessary "off the shelf"
Anyone any ideas on how critical the bulb to pocket fit is. If I fit one with a slightly smaller bulb would it make much difference? Also anyone got any idea at all what the temperature differential should be on a stat for this type of boiler? (ie the temperature difference between on and off)

Any ideas gratefully accepted. I'm limping along on an old stat a mate of mine happened to have for an old wall flame type boiler, which has a bulb which fits the pocket. It seems to be doing the job OK for the moment, but it's not really a permanent fix.

Sponsored Links
I can't help with that part number, I'm afraid - but if you download the ABGO catalogue, there are a good few stats on pages 28 - 30 which you could recognise. You can also buy heat transfer sealant to stick the bulb in with.
John :)

Thanks John. Useful catalogue, the trouble is trying to cross reference them for size etc. I've (cheekily) asked Ranco if they do a spec list. Haven't heard anything yet though. The heat transfer sealant tip sounds like a winner though. Thanks again
Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back