Bentone oil burner stopping randomly

Ok, transformer is next port of call ?

Is there a way to test them ?

Still seems strange that all this came about about getting a fill of oil though.......going a good un before that it was

Sponsored Links
I think I'd take the oil line off each end and blow it through hook it up turn on the oil just to make sure all the line is clean then check electrodes cables and transformer.Bob

Ok, transformer is next port of call ?

Is there a way to test them ?

Still seems strange that all this came about about getting a fill of oil though.......going a good un before that it was
If you ran out and tried to start it lots before cleaning/bleeding oil, or it took some time to bleed, it is quite possible you applied the metaphorical straw to the camel's back.

Took me a bit to undsrstand your reply oilman but penny dropped eventually and its a fair point lol.
I removed pump,ring filter cleaned out,wasnt that bad but probably needs replaced to be sure,photo lens removed and cleaned with rubbing alcohol,transformer HT connections buffed up,pump solenoid removed and tested with magnet to ensure it was opening and closing ok, filter at tank removed and cleaned,again replacment would be better,supply line from tank to oil pump blew out,put back together and bled at tank filter then at pump.

Hasnt lockout out during a few test runs so time will tell,fingers crossed its was just dirt or airlock in the line that wasnt clearing.

Will report back after a few days to help others with the same issue,if resolved as its a pet hate that posts are never ended once issue is fixed by people.

If it locks out then transformer is next port of call.

Thanks again

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back