Berlingo 2ltr Hdi Van

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My heating fan started to become erratic, sometimes working sometimes not and now seem to have stopped all together. Heat still comes thru when driving along.

Only since this very cold weather is there any connection? or is it an electrical fault, I've checked fuses and all seen to be ok. Cant find out which one is the right one to check though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Gobz.

Sponsored Links
If it was working intermittently and then finally stopped maybe it could be a loose/damaged wire?

If it uses the same blower motor as the Xantia and XM there is a speed regulator circuit on the blower motor itself which uses a couple of transistors, they can go intermittent and then open circuit. You can change them if you are handy with a soldering iron, otherwise I would look for a seconhand motor.

Do you think I could get away with calling out the RAC to have a look? It does affect the use off it when the weather is bad, and I do have full cover.

Sponsored Links
You could try but I doubt if they will repair it, they will probably direct you to the nearest agent.

At long last I managed to fix it!!

Removed the motor and found it ran fine once I attached it to a spare battery. So put it back in and it works fine, must of just been stuck!

Thanks for the help.

Back