Bernie Ecclestone pleads guilty to £400mn tax fraud

Going by @JohnD's 'avoidance' of this question, I think it safe to assume legal Tory tax avoidance has been employed. Just as everyone does when filling in their tax returns. No story really, just done on a larger scale with bigger savings that we can achieve. Still, any chance of calling a Tory a 'tax dodger' has to be taken, eh Johnny boy?

Tax avoidance though legal can still be immoral when the secretaries of Hedge Fund managers pay a higher rate of tax than their bosses.

Sponsored Links
Tax avoidance though legal can still be immoral…..
That’s good enough then. Stop there and don’t start getting all moralistic. Would you say that you going out for a slap up meal while others are starving or you living in a house with a spare bedroom while people are sleeping rough on the streets is immoral? I’m sure there’s plenty of other things that you do on a regular basis that others could, if they were small minded, petty, argumentative ****s like yourself, find 'immoral'.

Last edited:
Sure - "we only accept secret loans" ;) not large donations, Bernie.

They are all as bad as each other.
No. There are many different levels of bad.

Same as there many different levels of good.

And nobody, or political party is all good, or all bad.

But this Government weigh heavy on the bad side.

That’s good enough then. Stop there and don’t start getting all moralistic. Would you say that you going out for a meal while others are starving or you living in a house with a spare bedroom while people are sleeping rough on the streets is immoral? I’m sure there’s plenty of other things that you do on a regular basis that others could, if they were small minded, petty, argumentative ****s like yourself, find 'immoral'.
All well and good, but it's taxes that finance the country and the services.

Taxes should be paid, and the system should be overhauled and simplified so it is better for all.

Sponsored Links
Tax avoidance though legal can still be immoral when the secretaries of Hedge Fund managers pay a higher rate of tax than their bosses.
…..on a smaller amount. So what? 20% on say, 25k is a lot less than a smaller rate on a couple of million.

Last edited:
I want change.. Just not in the form of higher taxes and nanny state policies.

"Nanny state?"

"Bonfire of regulations" eh?

1697461075922.png

Back