Best aproach

xfr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im thinking of building a single storey lean to extension on a detached house 3m x 6.2m
will i need plans submitted,as what i believe is, im within the guide lines of the current government requirements.
So will i need to contact council regarding building regs.It's a bit confusing is to what you are allowed to do with out getting building control involved.Last thing i want is council stopping works...

Sponsored Links
You are confused regarding Building Control and Planning.

Whilst you may not need PP, you will definitely require Building Regulations approval, i.e. the work will need to be inspected and signed off.

The need for drawings depends largely upon the complexity of the job and your approach to how you engage builders for the job etc. If you intend seeking several prices for the work then a drawing is a must. If the job involves any degree of engineering then the same applies, i.e. vaulted roof, large bi-fold openings, unusual foundations etc etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back