"Best" Combi Boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to get my old Ideal Mexico Super 2 CF 80 gas boiler replaced (lasted around 30 years so far).
In the process of getting some quotes in, and I was just thinking broadly about the brand of the new one - priority is reliability.

Is this shortlist as good as any? Just want to make sure its likely to be fairly reliable and well supported, and no issues hooking it up to a smart home setup.

https://heatable.co.uk/boiler-advice/best-combi-boiler-2019-uk
  • #1 Worcester Bosch Combi Boilers
  • #2 Viessmann Combi Boilers
  • #3 Vaillant Combi Boilers
  • #4 Ideal Combi Boilers
  • #5 BAXI Combi Boilers

Sponsored Links
There is no best, gets quotes from various installers, make sure you choose a decent installer.

A bad installer will make a good boiler unreliable and vice versa.

Nearly all manufacturers offer a model with 10 years warranty now, and they wouldn't do that if they thought the boiler wouldn't be able to last that long otherwise they would lose tins of money on warranty repair work.

In your list you should also include intergas and atag, if you have a decent installer, and also I would advise looking at fitting new heating controls like opentherm or the manufacturer equivalent it makes the house more comfortable and marginally reduces the bills and is better for the environment and gives the boiler a marginally easier life.

If your installer knows about opentherm and the best way to set the boiler and system up, it generally means they are a good installer

No such thing ask ten different installers you will get ten different answers

There is no best, gets quotes from various installers, make sure you choose a decent installer.

A bad installer will make a good boiler unreliable and vice versa.

Nearly all manufacturers offer a model with 10 years warranty now, and they wouldn't do that if they thought the boiler wouldn't be able to last that long otherwise they would lose tins of money on warranty repair work.

In your list you should also include intergas and atag, if you have a decent installer, and also I would advise looking at fitting new heating controls like opentherm or the manufacturer equivalent it makes the house more comfortable and marginally reduces the bills and is better for the environment and gives the boiler a marginally easier life.

If your installer knows about opentherm and the best way to set the boiler and system up, it generally means they are a good installer

Thanks, just to confirm, that isnt my list just one I found where I was looking for well reviewed models.
So broadly you are saying I dont need to worry about the brand of boiler at all as long as I make sure I get it installed from an experienced and competent installer as the boilers are all pretty much as reliable and capable as each other if they are installed well?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, just to confirm, that isnt my list just one I found where I was looking for well reviewed models.
So broadly you are saying I dont need to worry about the brand of boiler at all as long as I make sure I get it installed from an experienced and competent installer as the boilers are all pretty much as reliable and capable as each other if they are installed well?

Yes,

Although there are those that must be avoided at all costs... Ferroli

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back