Best comedy

Thermo said:
dads army
fawlty towers

Oh yeah - Dad's Army. Of course. I love the bits when Captain Mainwaring doesn't know what to do, then someone suggests the most sensible course of action, then Mainwaring says "I was just waiting to see who would think of that first". Heh heh. It's good as well in the film when no-one will take responsibility for the Germans in the church, not the Police, Fire Brigade etc etc, but the Home Guard do.

Fawlty Towers - Where John Cleese goosesteps. Hilarious.

(Sorry, mentioned the Germans twice. I guess it is quite a big part of our history).

As for American comedy, Will and Grace is OK, Fraser is much better and Sex and The City is funny sometimes. Friends is OK. I can't think of any side-splitting ones though. Do they have genuine comedy shows rather than sitcoms?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
notb665 said:
As for American comedy, Will and Grace is OK, Fraser is much better and Sex and The City is funny sometimes. Friends is OK. I can't think of any side-splitting ones though. Do they have genuine comedy shows rather than sitcoms?

Side-splitting? What you want is America's greatest comedy asset: animation (in my opinion). I enjoy many US sitcoms, but I would have to say Family Guy, American Dad, South Park, The Simpsons and so forth are unmatched by any other cartoons.

If I had children, I wouldn't let them watch Family Guy or South Park until they were at least 15 or 16!!! Certainly not kids TV :LOL: And The Simpsons can be enjoyed by people of all ages on many different levels.

Don't forget the Harry Worth Show or Bootsie and Snudge or the Arthur Haynes Show, Jimmy Edwards.

AdamW said:
Family Guy, American Dad, South Park, The Simpsons and so forth are unmatched by any other cartoons.

Oh yeah - I love South Park - always cuts through the bulls*it and says it like it is. I like Beavis and Butthead too. And King of the Hill.

I also like Steptoe and Son. That bit where the son installs a turnstile in his home. :p

I would like some deodorant, please.

Ball or aerosol?

Neither, I want it for my armpits!

securespark said:
I would like some deodorant, please.

Ball or aerosol?

Neither, I want it for my armpits!

If you're going to tell it, tell it right:

An English bloke walks into a chemsits in Sweden. He says "I would like some deodorant, please." The chemist looks at him, and says [in a mock Swedish accent] "Ball or aerosol?". "Neither, I want it for my armpits."

I thang yow.

Benny Hill Ferkin brilliant :LOL: no matter what Ben Elton said :cry:

Freddie said:

Ben Elton! Rubbish!

I find Stand Up trying at the best of times - a bit contrived. I once was forced to watch a Lee Evans video, and thought it was poor to medium. I then saw him on a chat show - and he did EXACTLY the same routine.

I don't mind Ross Noble - his stuff is improvised, but he can go a bit weird sometimes.

I like all of Peter Kay's work and Steve Coogan character based stand up is hilarious.

notb665 said:
Freddie said:

Ben Elton! Rubbish!

Oooh, political, ladies and gentlemen!

You have to admit, his demonstration of how he runs naked through his house in the middle of the night is quite amusing :LOL:

I won't have a word said about me Yanto though: Lee Evans is bloomin hilarious. :D

You have to like Chris Rock's logic too: "If a bullet cost $5000, there would be no innocent bystanders and people would think before shooting someone"

Sponsored Links
Back