Best comedy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, to lighten things up! I could do with a laugh.

What's your bestest comedy? What's your favouritest sketch?

I like The Office, Green Wing, Ali G, Bo Selecta!, Alan Partridge, Kath & Kim, Goodness Gracious Me and Monty Python. I like comedy a lot - there are a few more too!

Sketches I like:

The Office: the "Chilled Out Entertainer" speech
Green Wing: the consultant who gets so angry he can only think of one swear word: you "S*itting... s hitty...... ****"
Ali G: anytime time he makes an ill-informed and un-PC comment
Bo Selecta!: "Oh no - my tail's popped out!"
Alan Partridge: so many, but "With a hot egg" and "Don't rub your f*nny on me" come to mind
Kath and Kim: the character of Kel.
Goodness Gracious Me: "Hello Old Fruity" and "Having an English"
Monty Python: crowd: "WE'RE ALL INDIVIDUALS". one person "I'm not"

Sponsored Links
Camera buffs locking horns on here ?

Is that a reference to the "Message to Freddie" thread? The one I have absolutely no idea what the hell it is about?

notb665 said:
Is that a reference to the "Message to Freddie" thread? The one I have absolutely no idea what the hell it is about?

:LOL: :LOL:

A lesson in life--when attacked never defend, attack!

Sponsored Links
Freddie said:
notb665 said:

Until blinded with ...... science or brown stuff !
:D :D :D :D

notb665 said:
What's your bestest comedy? What's your favouritest sketch?

Steel Magnolia: when Sally has to hit one of her friends to get her grief of her chest.
Forest Gump: all the 'history' bits

empip said:
Freddie said:
notb665 said:

Until blinded with ...... science or brown stuff !
:D :D :D :D
:LOL: :LOL: ahh such is life

Anyway as i have got older i love the old carry on films with their innuendo and double entande's, i suppose thats very un pc but thats me.

Infact i hadnt laughed so much in ages when i saw the story of them a film called Cor Blimey--quite an eye opener and sad but very funny at the beginning

My memory of it is a bit sketchy, but a few years back (about the same time as 'I will always Love You by Whitney was a hit) there was a programme called 'Roger Roger' about a mini-cab firm.

One of the characters had died and when the funeral was being arranged, his widow kept saying "I want that Bodyguard music to be played". This went on throughout the episode with her being assured they had indeed got "That Bodyguard Music". Then at the funeral, the curtains were just going back at the crematorium, someone put the music on, and they had got the theme from Minder......

Favourite line in a comedy - "...and if it's a boy, they're going to call it Rodney. After Dave"

dads army
fawlty towers
my family (sometimes)
everybody loves raymond
balackadder 2 and 4

and heres some it thought were great at the time but having seen them again i wish i hadnt

the young ones

There are a couple of things I remember thinking were hilarious when I was a child, but were meant for adults. However, seeing them as an adult, they seem really childish, which means that adults then must have been more childish, I guess.....

e.g The Goodies, The Kenny Everett Video Cassette (actually that must be early '80s from the title).

My order for Blackadder - Best First - 2, 3, 1, 4 ........

never seen a re run of the goodies, wonder if its how i remember it ...eeeecky thump, watch out for the giant cat on the post office tower!

johnny_t said:
The Kenny Everett Video Cassette (actually that must be early '80s from the title).
BBC Tape? with Hot gossip as dancers?

Sponsored Links
Back