Best consumer units at the moment?

Sponsored Links
It was more that there appears to be a cable which has slipped down, as you can see the inner cores? Or am I seeing things (entirely possible!).
Your eye sight is good, I actually went and looked at it then went back to edit the original post! I still can hardly see the issue on the screen.

You're right, it's for the outside socket that's not connected yet. Only the sheath is stripped at present because it makes life easier to do it first.

No idea, there were loads of weird symbols, but I prefer to avoid IKEA obstruinstr style deciphering of symbols
:whistle::whistle:

IMG_0438.jpg

You're right, it's for the outside socket that's not connected yet. Only the sheath is stripped at present because it makes life easier to do it first.

Makes sense! I did wonder how it would manage to slip down if it was connected.

Sponsored Links
What's going on here?!
Dunno.

I looked at it, and couldn't see any way of telling whether it was a single-insulated cable with bare copper showing, or a DI/I&S one with the outer sheath removed.

Yes.

It still cannot be determined, either from the photograph, or what JD said, whether it is a single-insulated cable with bare copper showing, or a DI/I&S one with the outer sheath removed.

Ok makes sense didn't realise the context, for the record it's just standard t&e but I've stripped 6 inches and sleeved the CPC (and not taped it in place securely enough)

Maybe I should post a photo with the cover off, that could give me more suggestions for improvement!:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back