best cordless driver for £100 or so?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

i am looking for a cordless driver with a budget of about £100, but would prefer cheaper rather than more expensive (i know you get what you pay for, but i'm rather short at the moment).

i have seen the Bosch GSB18 VE-2-LI recommended in recent threads on here, but that is out of my price league.

it would only be for DIY use, although when used it is likely to be quite heavy, rather than just the odd screw here or there

i have a Bosch power drill ("blue", SDS etc etc) so i am only looking for a driver, rather than a drill.

i was thinking "anything dewalt" but after reading on here for the past half hour, i think "anything but" seems more like it!

any help much appreciated

Nick

Sponsored Links
I bought a pair of Ryobi (drill /driver and hammer drill) when they were on offer for £50 at B&Q a short while ago. Other than the battery charger which was a wall wart type I cant fault them. I replaced the battery charger with an automatic one from ebay and that is much more convenient.

IMO, you will not find better than the bosch Lion 10.8V screwdriver.

I'm on my second now (first one got broken after about 4 years of heavy trade use) and would be lost without it.

They are out of stock at screwfix ATM, but it gives you chance to see it and an idea of price. Most trade outlets sell them, and you might find it cheaper elsewhere.

Clicky

It will drive upto a 3" x 10 screw into softwood without a pilot hole. (4" at a push)

Just have a read of the reviews on the screwfix website.

Oh and IMO, you're right to avoid DeWalt. A colleague bought one of their screw guns, and it's complete poo.

Im sure screwfix and B&Q are selling an 18 volt Makita combi drill with 2 batterys and a carry case for less than 100 quid.
Ive got an 18 volt Dewalt combi and its been alright for me.

Sponsored Links
IMO, you will not find better than the bosch Lion 10.8V screwdriver.

I'm on my second now (first one got broken after about 4 years of heavy trade use) and would be lost without it.

They are out of stock at screwfix ATM, but it gives you chance to see it and an idea of price. Most trade outlets sell them, and you might find it cheaper elsewhere.

Clicky

It will drive upto a 3" x 10 screw into softwood without a pilot hole. (4" at a push)

Just have a read of the reviews on the screwfix website.

If you think that one's good wait until you see the one's that Bosch have coming out in the next month or so ;)

Thats a shame.

I was going to ask if you could start making all your battery chargers dual voltage, so you can use it on 230V in someones house etc, or on 110V on site by just swapping the plug on the end of the cable.

I had to buy a seperate 110V charger for my current screw gun as there is no 230V on site, and my battery will always go flat at the wrong moment!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back