Best decking treatment?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had my decking down for a few years now, and I am yet to find a decent decking treatment that lasts more than a year or so. The ronseal products are absolute rubbish, and last time after a bit of research I tried liberon, which hasn't fared much better! We go through one winter and it's all faded/patchy/flaking off. Any recommendations?

Sponsored Links
Doubt you will find anything that fits the bill so try something cheaper more often. I've used Wilkinson's oil based and for the money its lasted no less than branded I would say.

If the decking is properly pressure treated, (so not cheap crap from typical DIY stores), then such treatments are doing little other than making it look nice, you can just let it weather.

Any clear or mostly clear finish is not going to last, a pigmented stain type product might last a few years on a deck, it is still going to have a short life given the exposure a deck surface creates.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back