Best Dimmable LED Lamp And Dimmer Combo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Looking for decent reliable dimmable LED lamps.

Philips Master seem good?

And the dimmer I have in mind is a V pro?

Thoughts and suggestions please!!

Sponsored Links
Philips Master are good, but IME expensive.

Aurora Enlite lamps are my new current favourite. Super bright, a better Lumens/Watt than the Philips Master (unless they've improved recently) I seem to recall the Philips are around 70lm/W where as the Enlite are around 100lm/W, depending on colour temp.

They're also cheap, at less than £5 per lamp in dimmable.

Haven't got any brilliant recommendations for dimmers, other than, don't get that stupid Aurora module with the dial screw on the side that allegedly lets you set the Va of the dimmer so you can dim LEDs. Right pain in the proverbial.

I have philips master dimmable LEDs with a varilight v-pro, they work fine. The light output for the 6w is equivalent of 40w according to the box. I have 5 in my living rm light.

Nice one guys! Thanks.

In two rooms the dimmers will be controlling 1 lamp each. The min. for the V Pro is 10W so I'll have to get a 10W minimum.

Sponsored Links
Can't find dimmable.... Want GLS but they are non-dim and only available at 5W, or am I looking in the wrong place?

Can't find dimmable.... Want GLS but they are non-dim and only available at 5W, or am I looking in the wrong place?
If that was aimed at me, then the answer is they don't make them! I was basing my recommendations on GU10 LEDs. Didn't even cross my mind you'd want something else! :whistle:

I like the Philips Master LED GLS lamps, weird looking but superb all round light, they be dimmable, they also be rather expensive. I'm not sure they are still made though. I have a handful of them here in various wattages, you can remove the yellow petals to reveal the deep blue LEDs underneath, should you want to...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back