Best disposable Handsaws?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my past 3 disposable handsaws have been the irwin jack ones which sells under £10 , great saws but I think they last me only some 3-4months before they get bent/distorted and you can't cut straight with them anymore. Time to buy another saw and was wondering maybe there is something even better than those?

I'm not interested in the old-school'' proper ancient saws'' or the super expensive ones which you can re-sharpen and off you go again and must keep as an hair-loom pieces, I'm after the disposable ones which you can pick up and go right off the bat and they will be razor sharp and cut like a dream.

Sponsored Links
Jack. If they're ending up bent you're not using them correctly. Let the saw do the work and they last for ages.

Bahco are pretty good - but if you are cutting ply or chipboard you'll quickly lose the edge due to the hard adhesive content.
Keep one saw for 'natural' timber and it should last for ages.
John :)

Sponsored Links
My last few Jack saws lost their set very quickly, whilst still staying sharp, making them useless.

So I've been happy with various Stanley and S&J saws that come up cheap on Amazon quite regularly

My last few Jack saws lost their set very quickly, whilst still staying sharp, making them useless.

So I've been happy with various Stanley and S&J saws that come up cheap on Amazon quite regularly
My dad is a chippy. And he found the Stanley ones very bad. He uses irwin

I thought you said that you hire a chippy for £130 per day, were you talking about your dad?

Andy

Sponsored Links
Back