Best Grab Adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have seen thread: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=102696

As 6 years later ......
What is now considered to be the best gunnable adhesive ?
Gripfill
Sticks like Sh*t
Unibond MegaGrip ?

Previously I had decided on Pink Grip ….. seemed pretty good, but more work to do and time to buy again ... so thought I'd check.

Indoor .. Wood to drywall, so don’t need waterproof qualities.. wood will also have some finish nails as well to make sure no peel away.

Sponsored Links
What are you doing? too much strain will rip off surface , nails into plasterboard are pointless.

What are you doing? too much strain will rip off surface , nails into wetplasterboard are pointless.

There is no plasterboard (wet or dry)
I am fixing 1" thick Ash skirting.
To Fermacell timberframe walls.
Unlike plasterboard Fermacell is solid has no paper layer, and is totally unaffected by water.

I have had Ash machined up with 2 anti-cupping grooves on rear face, I put in beads of 'adhesive' in these grooves about 4" long every 12", staggered on both grooves, so good glueline.
I then fix to wall, with a pneumatic finish nail, about one every 3'
This nail goes through into soleplate so solid fixing.

BTW .. Fermacell can take direct screw fixing, and hold very well, rated at 25kg per fixing ..did whole build with it.
Better than Plasterboards on all counts.

Should be fine then [drywall is generic term for plasterboard etc hence confusion].

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back