Best method for fixing bath overflow to waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, discovered that the reason for water puring through my kitchen ceiling is a waste overflow which was literally "pushed" in at either end, at the overflow grille, and at the end where it enters the main waste pipe. It Tested this by aiming the shower head at the overflow grille and water is leaking. The pipe itself has been taken off and cleaned, and doesn't seem to be leaking. The main waste pipe itself is sound.

What is the best method to properly secure the waste pipe. I was thinking of a jubilee clip. Would it also be preferable to put some (I assume bathroom sanitary) sealant either before or after I attach the pipe then clip?

Cheers!

Dan

Sponsored Links
Yes, a smear of sealant should help. Wouldn't worry about a clip though

Sponsored Links
As said before silicone sealant and wrap some duct tape around the joint to keep it fixed in place, as these cheapo ones always come adrift if someone turns the screw on the waste outlet in an attempt to tighten the seal against the bath.

Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back