Best method of removing multiple dead weeds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Lots of little dead weeds on our driveway that need removing.

Ordinarily I'd simply use a long-handled weed scraper, but the position of the bricks means I'd have to do a bazillion little scrapes to clean it all up.

Is there a solution that would remove the dead weeds over a wide area without multiple passes of a weed-scraper, that anyone could recommend? E.g. electric rotary weed brush?

Cheers

Attachments

• PXL_20231010_130822329.jpg
    PXL_20231010_130822329.jpg
    813.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Wolf weeding brush with pole, amazon cheapies for th3 replacements. Pour building sand over and brush in. It also cleans up the brick.

Blup

Sponsored Links
I've just cleaned a block paving area with exactly the same problem and used a Nilfisk pressure washer with their Turbo Nozzle which cuts right through the weeds. You will have to think about re-sanding to replace any that's been blown out of the joints.

PS: We also blew over them with some weedkiller a day or so before so that the roots were weakened/killed.

Last edited:
Go away and do something else. They will soon dry up and rot away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back