Best method of window cleaning without having to use a ladder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What's the best method of window cleaning without having to use a ladder?

Sponsored Links
We have a bloke come round and do ours with a pole and filtered water. Doesn’t need drying off - dries on its own with no streaks or marks because it’s filtered. Great for us because our previous ladder bloke wouldn’t do the front bedroom windows when we had a tiled front extension. Comes ever 4-6 weeks and charges £12 for the whole house - top, bottom, front, rear and side.

Last edited:
I bought one of these*:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/unger-telescopic-pole-3-75m/278kh

Cut the base of the handle off; drilled a hole near the top; threaded a hozelock (I think) thin irrigation pipe (15m) up and out and added an irrigation 'male' fitting to connect the normal hose to. Does a tidy job, with a wash cloth on a T bar fitting, then run the water down and dry naturally. I do get some streaks, but you can't get a window cleaner round here. For £45 ish, it's paid for itself over and over.

* I had one for painting the house, gashed it up for windows, and cos it worked, I got another for painting- saves dragging the pipe around when painting.

Sponsored Links
Anyone ever used a hosepipe to eliminate the soapy water sud-streaks?

Hire a small boy, and buy a length of rope. Then hang the boy out of the upstairs window...

...oh, that only works for the downstairs windows.

Oh well back to the drawing board...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back