Best place to buy (a lot!) of floor varnish?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'll soon be at the stage of sanding and varnishing the floors throughout the house - however, it's dawned on me that this'll require quite a lot of varnish. The floor area involved is the best part of 60sqm and, at 3 coats (so 180sqm coverage), we're talking quite a few 750ml tins - about 30 if my sums are right! :LOL:

I've seen 5L tins available (pricey :eek:) but even at that I reckon I'd need 5 of them! I'm thinking I'll need to buy super-sized and just wondering what's the best place to source in these quantities?

Sponsored Links
don't waste your time and money on the small and expensive 750ml tins, its a false economy, i use Bona Novia allot, it comes in 5l & 10l cans, would recommend the 5l cans cos the 10l ones are heavy and a little awkward to use for the DIYer, Novia is a class act and does the business very well indeed.
Another excellent product we use is Blanchon Allroad, this is marketed as a 2 coat product, basically you get the same 'build' from 2 coats of lacquer as you get from 3, this product not only looks great but does what is says it can do as well, obviously 2 coats would cost less that 3, i would suggest 3 x 5l cans would do you for 2 coats.
For application use a 9" or 12" short haired roller, the ones from B & Q work well, just keep it even and dont apply the product too thinly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back