Best Primer for Interior Flaky Walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm stripping my Dining Room (4 layers of wallpaper and one of paint...Hhngh), and to very little surprise, some of the paint is flaking off the plaster (plaster on masonry, NOT plasterboard).

I'm planning to prepare the wall by scraping, then wire brushing, then sanding all the flaked areas, then overcoat this with a good quality primer - ideally one which is of a suitable consistency to hide the imperfections in the wall.

So - the question is - which primer/undercoat would you kind lads and lasses recommend for this purpose?

Thanks in advance for your help...

Sponsored Links
Scrape away all the flaking paint you can with a 6-inch scraper. Use a smaller flat-style scraper for harder-to-reach areas such as under windows and corners. Always use forward scraping motions when scraping the flaking paint from the walls.

Sponsored Links
It sounds like Zinzzer Gardz is best for plasterboard applications as a sealer - is it really appropriate for this job? I'm reluctant to shell out on a product unless it's the right one ;)

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back