Best Printer

It is a "just tested" and not shown as a best buy.

They say:

"Printing

Print quality is consistently mediocre - the PX720WD makes a decent job of text, graphics and photos printed from the computer.

Photo quality doesn't differ much if you print direct from a camera or memory card. Generally prints have a slight soft look.

Print speeds are decent - mono text pages print at a reasonably quick rate of 7.1 pages per minute and the rate doesn't slow if you add a splash of colour to the text.

Photo print speed isn't swift, at around two minutes for an A4 photo - though this is still quicker than average compared with other models.

A CD tray is included which can be used for printing labels onto CDs."

Sponsored Links
Slow, average quality, expensive to run. They've just basically summed up every inkjet printer on the market.

Budget possibly dictates the use of an inkjet. Besides, again, it all depends on what the OP wishes to print.

I could recommend some excellent machines that are used in Design & Print units, but I am sure the cost would be an absolute no - no, as would the power consumption, footprint, etc. !!

Thanks. Seems Which? don't like the Epson, Loo.

Back to the HP one then.

The only one Comet does is the CQ521B at 115. Annoyingly, some of their HP printers don't have the HP model number listed....

Sponsored Links
Have an Epson DX7450 all-in-one - has worked flawlessly for several years.

Actually haven't printed any photos with it, but general printing, photo copying colour and b&w wprks well. in fact we inadvertantly copied a paper driving licence in colour rather than b&w - looked just like original !
Not in a humid or wide ranging temperature environment. Sometimes unused for a week or more - ink not, thus far, drying up (last purchase Sept. 2010)
Spare ink (compatible) from online supplier with quick delivery. Two packs of four cartridges (Black + 3 colours) plus two extra black carts. £22.49 "...cartridges contain 19ml of ink per cartridge as opposed to 6.5ml in originals..."

Not exactly what was asked for SS, but tis all I have, apart from a little mono laser - Samsung ML 1210 - Bought 2002 - helped two bread snappers through Uni + several of their friends when ink jets ran dry. Will not die !! Still runs fine, albeit with a good shake of the toner cart' after several months in mothballs... Cost about £120 in 2002'ish.

-0-

Well, I bought an HP CQ521B (C410b) from Comet the other day.

Works good so far. The only problem I had was trying to scan or copy, I got a "Document Feeder Jam" error message.

This was infuriating, as there was not a jam. The webhelp suggested that even if there was not a paper jam, the machine could report one anyway...

Eventually, I discovered the ADF was not quite fitted OK. Nothing to do with a paper jam... :rolleyes:

I've set it up so it links up with my wireless router, then set up Mrs Secure's PC to print wirelessly too.

As ever, thanks for all your help, guys.

Back