Best Roller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a really good make of 7" sheepskin rollers.

Last 9" i bought left orange strands on the ceiling.

Thanx.

Sponsored Links
Didn't someone on here recommend washing the rollers in a washing machine?

yes they did, and ive done it and boy does it work well, same with brushes too. also give the brushes a little bit of hair conditioner afterwards. (i know zampa will throw a wobbler, and i was sceptical until i tried it, but they come out clean, dry and very workable)

Sponsored Links
Ive heard of the hair conditioner bit..no harm in it im sure...ive also left brushes in a thin wallpaper paste mix...that softens up too.

Roller..yeh, always wash em out first or use them somewhere that doesnt matter or you dont care about....(like glossing the mother in laws flush doors! ) :evil:

I find the best sleeves around now are the 'lifetimer' type.....woven pile....as opposed to the fuzzy orange polyester ones, they are easier to clean, lighter and cheaper in the long run as they really do last for ages.

Look out for the bigger diameter frames..1 3/4 inch as opposed to the 1 1/4 ones...less elbow work.

Oh yes...and just before you use one...run some water through it and spin it out on a wall first....the dampness will draw the paint in sooner...thus avoiding big blobs flying everywhere when you start.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back