Best saw for cutting railway sleeper.

After reading all your posts and considering the warnings I have decided to drop this idea of using it for wood turning,
I am convinced it's definitely been used as a sleeper because it has 2 sets of 4 holes, each side, which look as though the clamps were positioned there.
Pity because I'm convinced by the weight it probably is oak but not worth the risk.
Thanks for all the replies guys.

Sponsored Links
general comments
the track is supported on chairs
the chairs are fixed to the sleeper
they can use between 2 and 4 fixings per chair
some are like massive split pins but square
others are massive screwbolts
and somtimes it would be through bolt with a threaded fixing underneath
yes all trains until about those built after say 1987 had onto track flushing including the iconic hst/125 as they are 1970 vintage
for quite a while locos would have there sump drain cock open draining onto the track with coolant oil fuel and other engine leaks into the sump reaching the track till the 80s when it was classified a hazzard to water courses
as most turned things are for indoor use often with food[fruit or cereal bowls] and often lickable by toddlers or pets not a good idea:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back