Best sealant for plastic?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry folks - yet another question!

We got a plastic play house for my son the other week but the design is such that the roof leaks in heavy rain as we found yesterday.

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/toys/smoby-my-house-2016/TRUP181200001

However if I can find a suitable sealant it shouldn't be too hard to cut down on the water ingress, at least from the roof as it's currently getting in at the ridge and in the valleys.

I know from building aquariums and stuff that normal silicone isn't good at sticking to plastics - can anyone suggest something suitable - I was thinking Dow Corning 799 Glazing silicone might do the trick?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Surely a sealant suitable for uPVC windows would serve you well?
John :)
That's what I'm hoping - it's why I picked out Dow Corning 799:
"Dow Corning 799 is a one part, plastic and glass silicone sealant for use in glazing and curtain walling applications. It has excellent adhesion to most plastics including PVC-U, and polycarbonate profiles and panels."

Just wondered if anyone had any personal experience.

Sponsored Links
That should suit you just fine - DC products are market leaders. High modulus means that it should be able to move a bit too.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back