Clay Tiles

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
My previous houses have had slate roofs or concrete tiles but this one in Hungary has clay tiles, which are quite easily broken. We recently had heavy rain and the roof leaked at a valley joint. The valley is formed with zinc sheet under the tiles and the mortar had fell out between tiles and zinc. I re-pointed the valley but broke a few tiles when walking up the roof. Fortunately I have plenty of spare tiles so have replaced the broken ones. When up there I noticed the ridge tiles also need to be re-pointed. I don't have a roof ladder but could make or borrow one to do the horizontal ridge but part of the house has a diamond roof and I don't know how to safely access the ridges of the diamond.

Sponsored Links
:D yes really should have scaffold for job but if its not possible then take a few tiles out as you go up in steps then step up :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back