Best Skirting Board Cleaner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
An elderly friend is finding his normal vacuum cleaner a little heavy for (say) cleaning carpet edges etc. What is the lightest and most efficient for this job please.

Sponsored Links
Cordless Dysons are fairly light with decent suction. The older models are reasonably priced but only have a short run time in high power mode so need recharging. It is always long enough to do our upstairs & then it is stored in the charging cradle so no real problem. Might be a little frustrating if you need to do a lot of rooms in one go, but we find it is fine. I am in a similar position to your friend & find the corded vacuums too heavy.

The GTech hand held vacuum cleaner isn't a bad tool at all. Fairly lightweight and great for quick jobs.

We inherited one along with the GTech 'Bissell' type floor vacuum cleaner one sees on the GTech adverts from my wifes mothers estate. The latter was a rather poor tool which we got rid of.

Why only the carpet edges? Sorry, I am not trying to be snarky. Do you mean where they meet the skirting?

Sponsored Links
Henry is very powerful and not heavy as you don’t carry it like cordless machine.

An elderly friend is finding his normal vacuum cleaner a little heavy for (say) cleaning carpet edges etc. What is the lightest and most efficient for this job please.
What’s a normal vacuum cleaner?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back