Best tool for cutting chipboard flooring close to wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to cut chipboard flooring within 25 mm of wall. Sabre saw or Multitool? Advice please TIA

Sponsored Links
Depends how long the cut is, and what's underneath. If the joist are underneath the cut, then a sabre saw is out, but the milti tool isn't designed for doing long distances. As it's 25mm away from the wall, and there are joist underneath, then you might get a circular saw in position, and adjust the height to stay off the joists. A sabre saw might also hit cable etc that are underneath the floor, so work with caution on this one.

Thanks for the advice, Doggit, I've no problem with cables as I know where the are, I think possible one of the small circular saws will be best.

Use a multitool, one of the semi-circular ones. A good quality one, and let the tool do the work don't force it. No problems

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
and I would get at least one spare blade, it will be annoying if it goes blunt half way through the job.

the posh brands are made so only prestige branded blades will fit. Avoid them and verify you can get budget blades.

Places like Aldi and Lidl do cheap tools that are worth having if you have a job coming up that will give them plenty of use before the guarantee runs out.

What about a plunge saw?
Would it cut close enough to the wall for you?

i have a lidl/aldi one.
not used it much but seems a useful concept so might buy a better one if the cheap one dies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back