cheap multicutter

yes, I need to cut through a kitchen worktop soon, it is laminated chipboard so I would normally use a TCT circular. My multicutter just has steel blades.

Sponsored Links
Not long ago I bought a 240v ryobi and it wouldn't cut through a bit of 3x2 CLS, initially I thought it may of been the tool itself so took it back and swapped it for a dewalt and the difference was night and day, but now I'm beginning to think it was the blades, I mean how can ryobi get the tool so wrong compared to dewalt when all they both have to do is vibrate which they both seemed to do just fine yet the ryobi just would not penetrate the softwood, purely just from my experience I think I'll steer clear of cheap blades
with a multi tool you have about 3% movement so how you support the work and angle the machine makes all the difference
if your not careful 90% off the energy will go into vibrating the tool and work

the secrete it to support the work well and move the cutter until the workpiece vibrates the minimum amount

Rutland's sell some really good and big blades for fast cutting of timber. They have them on offer every now and again, so that's the time to stock up.

Sponsored Links
Clas Ohlson have a good value multi cutter for £39.99 (plus delivery I guess unless you have a store nearby)
300w, uses quick-release blades (I hear the ones from saxton fit fine), comes with a dust extraction adaptor, 5 year warranty and 90 day returns

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back