BEST TYPE OF HOB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

Can anyone please advise me on the best type/make of hob to buy for my kitchen? I would like a ceramic one but have heard mixed reports? I currently have a gas one, but would like to change as I'm having new worktops fitted and think this will be an ideal opportunity to change.

Any advice would be most gratefully received ! Thanks

Sponsored Links
It largely depends on how much you want to pay really - but one of the more popular things is the ceramic induction hob - this is the type that only gets hot when the pan is actually on it - and it also adjusts to the size of the pan :cool: and therefore they are easier to keep clean.
They do need TLC though to prevent scratches! The ordinary plate ring hob is perfectly ok, cheap and cheerful, and usually has a choice of quick heat rings.
Check before you buy though, that some of these things need to be hard wired, which may make a difference when you are planning the kitchen and calculating expense. A trip to Comet or somewhere will give you some ideas - there are hundreds to choose from. Cheers John :)

Sponsored Links
I would definitely recommend induction - has all the control of gas, and cleaning is super easy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back