Best way to advertise plumbing services?

micky you can view my work by clicking on my plumbing album on my profile

Sponsored Links
problem was resolved in the end. was airlock in system, flushed it out by connecting hose onto pipe work and forcing through water at high pressure :)

i'm not gas safe. By central heating repairs i mean i can repair most faults as long as its not with the actual gas components of the boiler itself, or not having to disconnect any gas pipes, so things like blockages, or changing radiators, or a faulty pump etc i can and have repaired over the years.

But when you tip up at a customers house to fix their heating and then discover that it is a gas component in the boiler that is the problem, you will have wasted the customers time, your own time and money and the customer will be cheesed off when you tell them that the problem is something that you are not qualified to fix....

The customer could have called a proper repair man.... But they called Naz AND THY ARE STILL COLD

Sponsored Links
The pictures are pics i have found online, they are not copyrighted and its work i more then capable of doing, for example if a customer told me they wanted that red bathroom in mosaic tiles, just like the one in the pic, i'm able to do that for them.

I would not use an example which i am not capable to doing.

I've made a couple of appropriate changes:

Now you can't be accused of breaking the Trade Description Act. If you are going to steal photos, I think that Rogue Traders would be a better place to look :rolleyes:

the pictures on my website are not copyrighted, but they are all mine taken of my work with my camera.

If someone rolled up and started using them they would be encouraged to remove them.

Just because it doesn't have a copyright on it doesn't mean its not illegal for you to start using it.

Well if it is illegal i can make the changes no problem, to pics of work i have done. remember this leaflet is only an example of the kind of design i'm thinking off.

Just means i have to go back to the houses i have worked on and ask if i can take some pics, as i dont always take photos of the work i have done.

The pictures are pics i have found online, they are not copyrighted
I'm not a plumber but I can tell you that ALL works (such as photos and text) are automatically protected by copyright without requiring any form of notification. The © symbol is merely a reminder used by some people but it is not necessary.

Therefore, you are on very dangerous ground if you use any photo, not taken by you, without written permission.

I think the issue of copyright will be the least of the op's troubles. :rolleyes:

Anyway, Naz has done his extensive background research now (this thread is "it", in its entirety) and can now be considered and expert on advertising. Must admit that I'm jealous that it's taken me over 20 years to be even vaguely knowledgable about my profession, whereas Naz has only to have a glance at a skilll in order to have mastered it up to professional standards :rolleyes:

naz i recent the idea that i charge £80 to change a trv
if change one i have drain the system so not to damage the carpet
change the trv and then add inhibtor also then check all the rads get warm after and if need be a bit reblanecing

What Naz fails to understand is, well, most things really.

His responses on here clearly indicate an unwillingness to listen and learn - no wnder nobody wanted to take him on as an apprentice :rolleyes:

as i dont always take photos of the work i have done.
for good reason

Sponsored Links
Back