Best way to anchor a shed that's ontop of crushed granite base?

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Simple garden shed (3m x 1m)

Haven't received any useful advice from Stratco - so trying to come up with a few silly solutions.

e.g. dig a hole into crushed granite base, fill with concrete, thread a metal U pin over the shed flooring and into the concrete hole

But perhaps there are some better ways?

Any advice would be very appreciated

thank you thank you!

Sponsored Links
If it has a fixed floor, put some heavy stuff in it? A couple of bags of sand would do to start with.

When I first took over my allotment, there was a 5’ x 4’ thin tin shed on it with no base. It was laid on some very heavy paving slabs and screwed to them. I was told that before this, it was always blowing over in heavy winds.

How about "climbing frame anchors".
They are a Metal rod with steel disk on end.

Doing a Google search their price seems to vary a lot.
This is cheapest I could find

Sponsored Links
Also , knowing how sheds and climbing frames rot at their base I would not screw the anchor into the bottom most price of wood.

I would screw whatever anchor you get into say the corner upright wood a good 10cm above ground level.

sfk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back