Best way to correct falls on asphalt balcony deck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'd appreciate your views on the best way to correct falls on an asphalt covered balcony deck. The balconies are very poorly designed and have falls towards the building of circa 3 degrees. Balconies are flooding during heavy rainfall and breaching the upstands and flashings so I am currently writing a specification of work to carry out repairs to the parapet walls and balcony deck. The insulation is laid directly on top on the asphalt and this is then overlaid with concrete promenade tiles.
I'm thinking that I could have the insulation cut to the correct falls then overlay with a 3 ply high performance felt system. Or is there a more cost effective way?

Sponsored Links
Tapered insulation is available but will need designing for specific area. You can use Permascreed. If you use felt, it will obviously need tiling to protect.

Tapered insulation under a trafficed area with Asphalt will need to be Foamglass.

Tapered insulation is available but will need designing for specific area. You can use Permascreed. If you use felt, it will obviously need tiling to protect.

Tapered insulation under a trafficed area with Asphalt will need to be Foamglass.

Thanks Xenon. I got your response too late but tapered insulation is the way I went

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back