Best way to deal with this scenario.....

• Thread starter BuildingNovice
  • Start date
B

BuildingNovice

I need to install anti-trip brackets for a fridge - problem is the plumbing pipe for the fridge is on the wall behind the fridge and this means fridge cannot be nearly flush with wall, which means brackets won't reach bar at bottom of fridge.

So I need to insert something to bring the steel brackets forward from the concrete wall - would a block of wood be best to insert between wall and bracket, and use a long screw to go through wood and partially through wall?

Any ideas gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
What's an anti-trip bracket? Some kind of contraption to stop the fridge from falling over? (Why on earth would it do that?) :confused:

From what you describe a block of wood will work. No need to use the same screw, pack the wall out using one screw through the wood, and fix the bracket to the wood using another screw. Or you could do away with the bracket and screw a length of steel wire to the wall and fixed to the fridge?

the method used to prevent cookers falling forward when a child climbs on the open oven door:

fix a ring bolt or screw eye into the wall

attack a short metal chain to the back of the cooker

put a hook or dog clip on the chain andf attach it to the screw eye

when you want to pull the appliance out for cleaning, you take the hook or clip out of the eye.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies; I think I'll try the block of wood and as Deluks says, use one set of screws to fix wood to wall and another to fix bracket to wood.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back