Best way to find an electrical "leak"?

Just add my thanks to to Howard for the outcome - & I also learned about "Socket & See" for the first time.

Sponsored Links
my total annual electricity usage for the last 12 months was 6006kWh @ 10.2p plus standing charge

Its worthwhile checking out what standing charge you're on these days and, if you have the bills, looking at what it was maybe 1 or 2 years back. A friend was wondering why, when her elecy usage hadn't really changed and if anything should of gone down, her bill had risen. A look at her bills revealed her standing charge had jumped in 2 years and now formed a major part of her bill. If your usage is low check out the std higher rate (but no standing charge) deals around. Even though the rate went from 11p/kWh to 17p the bill dropped by £25/quarter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back