Best Way To Fix Down Beading

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

looking for a spot of advice here. recently moved into a flat which has laminate flooring, however they did not bother to remove skirting before laying it, so there are expansion gaps which i am going to hide with beading.

curious as to the best method for fixing the beading to the floor/skirting?

would it be better to use an adhesive, like No More Nails, or to use some pins?

also, is it better to fix the beading to the floor or to the skirting? i assume i would not want to fix it to both, as this would create a solid structure which may allow the possibility of warping if any expansion occurred?

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
DIY_Novice said:
curious as to the best method for fixing the beading to the floor/skirting?
I use Gripfill, plenty of choice of products out there though
would it be better to use an adhesive, like No More Nails, or to use some pins?
The beading would look better without the nails head showing

also, is it better to fix the beading to the floor or to the skirting?
Only fix it on the skirting to allow the floor to expand under the skirting board

I would use 1/4 round and use brad nailer fixing to skirting allowing laminate to expand when needed

brad nailer best but as diyer you will not have one i guess. I dont like glue. It will give you problems if ever you change the floor and also if going around bends etc can be very difficult to work with. Try manual nailing it? And only pin to skirts

Sponsored Links
I know someone who used mitre fix. That was a few years ago and its still stuck fine. Yes only attach to skirting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back