Best Way To Repair These?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

IMG_20231111_123744.jpg

I've a couple of holes to fill like the above following a bit of an issue finding a cable I'd hidden behind the wall before plastering.

I'm thinking the best way is to cut a piece of plasterboard to go in the hole that's wider, glue and screw it in place inside the hole.

Then v down the edges of the hole and the piece and cut out, glue and screw the front piece to the piece now in the rear then fill the v grooved edges and then sand back?

Or is there a better way a pro would do it?

As none of the plastering has even been sealed or had any type of paint on it I'm assuming I should have a good chance of a seamless repair?

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
Neat PVA around hole edges and the board that's going in. Use wood glue as that's PVA if you have some. Give it an hour to dry.
125mm ish wood. Slide that in and 2 screws to hold with one either side. Although I mostly stuck with polymer like stixall.

When wood has stuck and mastic is dry blob around board edges with filler.
Blob of polymer on the wood to take the board.
Keep that blob small or it will pack the board too high. You need to push it level with surface.
Fill
Damp sponge around.
Sand and paint.
No need for tape on joints as there won't be any movement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back