Best way to repair this

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

Please see the images attached. What would be the best way to fox this?

The door frame is level, but as it works its way up the wall the plaster comes out to meet the level of the top of the door frame and stairs. I thought id just fill the gap between the architrave and the plaster and youd be none the wiser, but ive just realised the architrave will protrude way past the level of the skirting and will stick out.

In hindsight i should have just plastered flush with the door frame.

Is it possible to re-skim just the bottom corner of the wall to make it level with the door frame, and blend it into the rest of the wall? Im a little concerned that by doing this...where the new skim gets thinner as it blends into the rest of the wall, it will crack.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20211207_103527.jpg
    IMG_20211207_103527.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20211207_103127.jpg
    IMG_20211207_103127.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20211207_103122.jpg
    IMG_20211207_103122.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 88
Sponsored Links
scrape it back around the frame to leave a 3mm step. bond the plaster and again fill the bottom out to 3mm short of the frame. seal/grit/bond the whole wall and skim it all level to the frame.

Thanks good idea.

What would be the best way to scrape the plaster back easily?

How should i prep the plaster for bonding over? Just pva and key? Never bonded over plaster before, only brick.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
scrape it back with an old wood chisel or narrow scraper. scratch the whole thing with a stanley knife. and neat pva with a handful of sand the day before. or if your really fussy bostik green stabilising primer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back