Best way to skirt around these pipes

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got 2 22mm vertical heating pipes on the wall - it's how I wanted it, so we can benefit from the warmth of the flow and return, as no rad in the hall. But can't fit skirting board behind.

I was thinking of a gap in the skirting, with something behind the pipes to fill he hole (eg bit of thin painted ply) but maybe better to box then in using skirting board, with something on top. Will look neater and stop draughts from freezing cold subfloor.

Any other suggestions? Can silicone be used around the where the pipes will go into the mini box? I assume caulk or anything like that is likely to crack with the expansion of the pipes.

IMG_20210513_165950216.jpg

guess I want something like this, but with 2 pipes .... and less room at the back for the top board ...

skirting pipe.png

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Very little heat to be if it from .Box into corner with grill panels.Like a slim vertical rad cover.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back