Best way to test UFH pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am about to lay UFH pipework for my extension, what is the best way to test it for leaks prior to screeding. I cannot connect up to central heating because the pipework is not in place yet. Someone mentioned air pressuring testing with a car foot pump but how would a good seal be obtained.

Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I am about to lay UFH pipework for my extension, what is the best way to test it for leaks prior to screeding. I cannot connect up to central heating because the pipework is not in place yet. Someone mentioned air pressuring testing with a car foot pump but how would a good seal be obtained.

Thanks for any advice

Put a removable pushfit endcap on one end, near where the manifold is to be placed, and hire a hydraulic pressure testing kit, and pressurise it up to 6bar for an hour or preferably until the screed has been laid..

All the UFH I have fitted needs the pipes tested and filled before the screed goes down... what does your manufacturer recommend? Check out their advice. To rip it up once screeded would be an absolute nightmare!!

Sponsored Links
All the UFH I have fitted needs the pipes tested and filled before the screed goes down... what does your manufacturer recommend? Check out their advice. To rip it up once screeded would be an absolute nightmare!!

One MI recommends as I suggest (pressurised while the screed goes down), followed by filling it after the screed and testing it to 6bar for a further hour.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back