Best wire strippers for alarm cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to purchase a new wire stripper to help with stripping 6-core alarm cable.

Tried a few of those automatic strippers but found them hit or miss, they'd either miss the cable entirely or strip with a few threads cut.

Any ideas? Alarm cable cores are 24-25awg and so far I haven't found any strippers that can do this precisely.

Sponsored Links
My go to, for such jobs, are my AT-8 from when I worked at the GPO (BT OpenReach). They combine a pair of fine long nose pliers, with cable cutters, and a small wire stripper.

Knipex 125mm side cutters ……in all fairness your better stripping the first 3cm then use the rip cord to the desired length …

Sponsored Links
Knipex 125mm side cutters ……in all fairness your better stripping the first 3cm then use the rip cord to the desired length …
Do you use the Knipex for the smaller inner cables as well? Haven’t quite cracked the fingernail method

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Do you mean the cores?

A Bib stripper or modern replacement.

I am lucky enough to have one of these

The notches can be selected to very small sizes

s-l1600 (19).jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back