bet this is a simple question for someone !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just moved house and it seems that the room thermostat isnt working in the new place. the heating controls by the cylinder work correctly, but when the CH/HW comes on, the rads get far too hot. tried turning the room thermo down but the rads stay at same heat irrespective of the room thermo ....
can it be that the room thermo is broke??

any ideas ??

cheers
will

Sponsored Links
ahh - scuse my ignorance :)

the cylinder stat is currently set at 6 -- are you saying I should turn this down?
are you also saying that the room stat has no bearing on the heat of the radiators - and that its only job is to fire the rads up when the room temp is below the set temp?

cheers
will

Sponsored Links
but the problem seems to be that the house gets far too hot even when i have the room stat turned down (ie. say 10c)
-- this seems to my highly untrained eye to be a possible failure of the room stat (why is the room allowed to get so hot?)

???

its in the hall - which feels possibly a tad less scorching than the lounge

good question. i'll let ya know tomorrow as im at work and cant try that out till im home :)

thanks for hanging in there!

I bet your stat's ok. It's more likely to be the motorised valve (diverter valve). It'll be stuck.

Similar thing happened to my system a while back, Initial thought was room stat, but i got my multimeter on it and found it was working. After testing the circuits in the cupboard and finding everything ok, posted results on here we traced it to a stuck motoried valve, see my post it may help //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20520&highlight=

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back