Bewildered by heating control choice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I am looking to replace the heating controls for my system as the programmer is very basic and quite old. I would like to control the heating on a weekday /weekend basis (5/2) and maybe have three timed period rather than two.

I would also like to replace the room thermo and the hot water tank therm as the they seem ineffective - and again old. Maybe a wireless room thermo in the living room rather than the current location in the hall.

Finally, I would like to use motor valves rather than pumps to drive my system.

As a result of replacing these bits, I'm hoping the system will become more effective. Could anybody please recommend components for the above?

thanks.

Sponsored Links
Roomstat/programmer, Salus 500rf. 5/2 with upto 5 on/off good kit and reasonably priced £40/£45.

;)

Efficiency will not approve noticeably, new controls or old controls, it is and remains an old system.
Better save a bit longer, and bring everything into the 21st century in stead of wasting 500 quid on tinkering

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back