bi fold doors sticking issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Had some UPVC bifolds installed last summer and they have started sticking again. We had the problem after they had been installed and the installer came back a couple of times to toe and heel them.

I'm thinking that since the installer is unlikely to come for free again (no guarantee and it wasn't the manufacturer) and I'm not convinced he's done it right, I'll try someone else.

I've found some local companies which seem to fit the bill, but other than gut instinct how do I know that the person knows their stuff? I want to get them fixed properly so we don't have the problems again and again. Is it just a case of toeing and heeling them again or is that a quick fix?

Or do these doors always need readjusting regardless of how well they were installed?

Thanks a lot for any tips.

Sponsored Links
Unless you get a decent make of upvc bifold i believe you will always have issues. Liniar i think are the best but i would always try and sell alumninum doors, cost more but worth it

Yeah I think in hindsight I would have gone for aluminium.

But its done now so I'm looking to make the best of the ones I have.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back